Wednesday, October 27, 2010

That Name

So tonight I am preaching on the Third commandment.
I have been writing my sermon and I'm now getting to the end.
As I approach the end.
I feel the need to explain the power in the name that we so easily throw around.
Here is what I love about my God's name.

See the name of God can make the blind see, the dead rise the deaf hear, the lame walk, the mute talk, the dirty clean.
The name of God can save the unsalable, forgive the unforgiveable, give grace to the ungraceful.
The name of God is bigger then death, stronger than cancer, greater than sickness and better than drugs.
The name of God can move mountains, split rivers, and turn water into wine.
The name of God can lift oppression, it can take away pain and it can heal the broken.
The name of God is more powerful than we will ever know.


I really think it is time that we start paying attention to what we say and the words we use.
There is just something about that name.
It's so misunderstood, we must teach about it more.

1 comment:

Sheri Hawley said...

So very true, Pastor Chris! Preach 'em alive. :-)