Thursday, September 30, 2010

One for One


Well once again I have found my way back to my keyboard and to my blog. It has been some time since I have wrote a real blog. One that comes from thoughts. So today I will attempt to do just that. Write a thought driven post.
As most people that are close to Kristen and myself know we are Youth Pastors. On top of that we are blessed youth pastors!!!! Well this next week is Pastor and staff appreciation week at our church and that includes us. Its a crazy thought that we are on staff at a real church. Anyway back to the thoughts of this blog.
Last night one of our youth surprised me with a pair of Toms shoes. He wears them all the time and I always say something about them and how I wish I had a pair. Well now I do. They are great!!! So light, and comfortable. Perfect in every way. I was so thrown back by getting this present when I haven't really been here that long. But anyway it was a real special feeling as he gave them to me. Something I will never forget.
And as we were finishing our night at the church I grabbed the show box which now was filled with other things because my feet were nice and cozy inside my Toms! I grabbed the box and looked at the side, it simply said "One-for-One" TOMS shoes gives one pair of shoes for every pair of shoes bought. So with the pair of shoes that I recieved last night somewhere in the world someone else will recieve a pair of shoes free.
Ok so I need to add this Oct. 17th is our Speed the Light sunday at OFA and ONEyouth is in charge of both services!!!! I love the opportunity that is here!!!!
So as I saw that saying the message for that Sunday dropped into my spirit. ONE-for-ONE. One death for one life. the power of one death, the power of one life. Because of Jesus death we each have the power to change another life. We have the opportunity to extended the invitation of eternal life because of the one that died for it. It is a ONE-for-ONE kind of thought. So as this develops in my spirit over the next few weeks I pray that each of us take the one opportunity we get every-time we encounter another to offer that love that beats all others. make it a ONE-for-ONe moment.

No comments: